Below are Summaries of What You Can Expect From This Leadership and Congregation.
As a member of True Holiness Walnut Hills you can expect to:
- Hear preaching and teaching from the entire Bible.
- Experience the mutually supportive fellowship throughout the congregation.
- Be offered a variety of learning opportunities, based upon the Word of God
- Have the opportunity to receive experienced counsel
- Be comforted in sickness and encouraged into recovery of good health
- Be assured that the fellowship and the ministers are praying for you
- Be afforded the opportunity to serve in one of the church auxiliaries
- Be kept informed of all scheduled events
As a member, the pastor and congregation expects you to make a covenant with us:
- To walk together in love
- To strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge and holiness
- To observe the church’s worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines
- To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, and the relief of the poor
- To attend your worship services regularly
- To keep yourself unspotted from the world, as a testimony for Jesus Christ and example of this congregation
- To always seek for understanding, when you need it
Because this visible church is representative of the invisible God, we all are obligated:
- To walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our behavior
- To avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger
- To abstain from the use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage,
- To be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior
- To further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love
- To demonstrate love for the body of Christ, by remembering each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech
- To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation
- To be true to our commitment to this church and will not abandon our church, unless called by the Holy Spirit to another congregation where we will continue to carry out the mission of our specific ministry.